To carry out its functions, SINTEPO is performs certain activities including:
- Trademarks searches, registration, renewals, assignments, licenses, change of name and address;
- Patents Searches, drafting, filing and prosecution, change of ownership and annual maintenance across the world under the PCT, ARIPO and other regional registration regimes.
- Filing of industrial designs, validity opinions and advice, patent and industrial design litigation, opposition and expungement actions;
- Copyright, trademark oppositions, trademark expungements, passing-off and unlawful competition;
- Plant Breeder’s Rights: Registration and preservation of plant breeder’s rights;
- Domain name dispute resolution, registration and renewal of domain names and searches
- Negotiation and drafting of information and technology transfer agreements
- Licensing and franchise agreements, music and performers rights and strategic portfolio management;
- Local opposition, expungement, infringement and passing off actions;
- Enforcement actions relating to the Internet;
- Initiation of infringement actions including counterfeiting, piracy and unfair use;
- Advice on IP valuation, audit, financing, due diligence, commercialization and exploitation of IP;
- Drafting and negotiating IP based agreements including; distribution, manufacturing, license, media, web, franchise, publishing, transfer of technology agreements, registered user and franchise agreements and assignments;
- Represents our clients in enforcement, opposition, revocation and infringement actions before the Industrial Property Tribunal, Registrar of Trademarks, the High Court and in the Court of Appeal.
- Advice and representation on biopiracy and misappropriation traditional knowledge and associated genetic resource cases.